A Svay Rieng provincial prosecutor said yesterday that a summons for triple-shooting suspect and former Bavet town governor Chhouk Bandith had been issued, though the case’s investigating judge said he has made no such move.
Hing Bunchea, chief Svay Rieng prosecutor, said a summons had been issued for Chhouk Bandith, who was charged last week with causing unintentional injury after allegedly shooting three women, one through the chest, at a protest on February 20.
“I don’t know for sure when he will be ordered to come to clarify at the court. I think you might ask to the investigating judge.”
But investigating Judge Pech Chhoeut, director of Svay Rieng court, said he was still deciding whether to summons victims first or Chhouk Bandith and had taken no action.
Chhouk Bandith allegedly shot Buot Chenda, 21, Keo Near, 18, and Nuth Sakhorn, 23, at a protest of about 6,000 people outside the Kaoway Sports factory in Bavet town’s Manhattan Special Economic Zone.
To contact the reporter on this story: May Titthara at [email protected]