Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Tycoon in legal battle with ex-TV presenter seeks delay in proceedings

Tycoon in legal battle with ex-TV presenter seeks delay in proceedings

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Heng Sear, a businessman with the honorific Oknha who is now locked in counter suits with former TV presenter Mean Pich Rita over attempted rape, has requested the court to delay investigation procedure for medical reasons. Facebook

Tycoon in legal battle with ex-TV presenter seeks delay in proceedings

Heng Sear, a businessman with the honorific Oknha who is now locked in counter suits with former TV presenter Mean Pich Rita over attempted rape, has requested the court to delay investigation procedure for medical reasons.

In his letter dated May 13 to the court's investigating judge, Sear said he could not appear at the court for questioning as he was still receiving intensive care at a hospital in Phnom Penh.

“When my conditions get better, I will appear to testify without delay,” he said.

Oknha Heng Sear has sued Pich Rita for theft with aggravating circumstances while she filed a counter suit against him for attempted rape in Phnom Penh’s Tuol Kork district on May 4. She was placed in pre-trial detention on May 11.

According to the detention warrant issued by Investigating Judge Koy Sao dated May 11, Pich Rita had allegedly used a knife to attack Sear on two occasions and had stolen his iPhone 12 on May 4 in Phnom Penh’s Tuol Kork district.

The former Miss Grand Cambodia contestant was granted bail on May 13.

MOST VIEWED

  • Hun Sen: Stop Russia sanctions

    Prime Minister Hun Sen said sanctions against Russia as a result of its military offensive in Ukraine should be stopped as they have produced no tangible results, and predicted that a global food crisis would ensue in 2023 as a consequence. Speaking to an audience at

  • Chinese tourists 2.0 – Coming anytime soon?

    Regional tourism is grappling with the absence of the prolific travellers and big spenders – the Chinese tourists. Cambodia, which has welcomed over two million Chinese tourists before Covid-19, is reeling from the economic loss despite being the first to fully open last November ‘To put

  • PM reflects on shoe throwing: Free speech or act of violence?

    Prime Minister Hun Sen on May 17 questioned whether a man who threw a shoe at him while he was in the US was exercising freedom of expression or if it was an act of hostility. Hun Sen was referring to an incident last week when

  • Siem Reap’s Angkor Botanical Garden opens

    The Angkor Botanical Garden was officially opened on May 19 with free entry for both local and international visitors for the first six weeks. The garden was established on a nearly 15ha plot of land in Siem Reap. “After the first six weeks, Angkor Botanical Garden

  • Pub Street on the cards for Battambang

    The Battambang Provincial Authority has announced that it is considering establishing a Pub Street in the area around the heritage buildings in Battambang town in a bid to attract more tourists. Battambang provincial governor Sok Lou told The Post that the establishment of a Pub

  • Hun Sen: Don’t react to hostility

    Prime Minister Hun Sen urged tolerance and thanked members of the Cambodian diaspora for not reacting to the hostility on display towards him by others while he was in the US to attend the May 12-13 ASEAN-US Special Summit in Washington, DC. In an audio