THREE DEAD IN HOUSE FIRE
Three young women, Chhay Somine, 16, Kim Dany, 22, and Kim Nae, 17, were killed as a result of a house fire in Prey Krola Khang Lech village, Touk Meas Khang Lech commune, Banteay Meas district, Kampot province on Monday night. Police said the fire was caused by an electrical failure, and total damages were estimated at US $6,000. The victims, two of whom died at the scene, were all relatives of the homeowners.
GAS EXPLOSION DEATH COULD BE SUICIDE
Police in Phnom Penh said the death of a Vietnamese woman in a gas container explosion in Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey 1 commune, Chamkarmon district on Monday was the result of suicide. Witnesses claimed the woman, identified as Ngvean Thaing Yiv, 49, possessed more than US $5,000 and that there were frequent visitors to her house to collect money.
ROBBERS TAKE AX TO STORE OWNER
A robbery at a general goods store in Samraong village, Lvea commune, Preah Sdach district, Prey Veng province on Sunday by six armed men left the owner severely injured. Rim Sovan, male, 52, was struck on the head with an ax before robbers fled the scene with a reported three Damlung (26.67 Damlung equals 1 kilogram) of gold, 1.2 million riels (US$293), three mobile phones and several phone cards.
HUSBAND, WIFE ROBBED AT GUNPOINT
Pich Borin, 27, and his wife Chin Nary, 20, were held up at gunpoint and robbed of their motorbike while riding home along Sihanouk Boulevard in Tuol Svay Prey commune, Chamkarmon district in Phnom Penh on Sunday night. Police said the robbers, allegedly two men both carrying guns, had escaped by the time they arrived at the scene.
WELDERS INJURED BY FALL FROM ROOFTOP
Two welders were seriously injured while working on a rooftop in Phsa Chas village, Memoth commune, Kampong Cham province on Friday. Sein Sin, male, 23, and Uk Ron, 26, plummeted from the 8-metre-high rooftop after being electrocuted while torching a steel bar. The pair were taken to a nearby hospital by a friend.