MAN DIES WHILE ELECTROCUTING FISH
A man died while he was electrocuting fish. According to police, Am Paok, 28, was attempting to remove a plastic bag from his fishing net, when he accidentally electrocuted himself. The event happened around 1pm on Monday in Kampong Tnaot village, Kaun Sat commune, Toeuk Chhou district, Kampot province.
WIFE HOSPITALISED AFTER BEING ABUSED
40-year-old Mol Yeum was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly abusing his wife. Duong Sareth, 40, was so affected by the abuse that she required hospitalisation.
CAR DECORATION SHOPS CATCH FIRE
Four shops selling car decorations were engulfed by fire on Tuesday night. The shop was located on street Kim Ing Sung near Prapi Makara market in Boeung Kak 2 commune, Toul Kork district in Phnom Penh, and the fire was believed to have been started by an electrical fault and caused approximately US$40,000 worth of damage.
HUSBAND AND WIFE GAGGED, BEATEN
A husband and wife were gagged and attacked while they were sleeping alone in their house. Prak Kim Han, 48, and Neang Darina, 46, of Boeung Pring village and commune, Thma Kol district, Banteay Meanchey, were attacked by five robbers on Tuesday night. After hitting the victims with a steel bar, the attackers stole around one million Thai baht, some Khmer riel and some of the couple's jewellery before safely escaping.
MAN HITS AUNT WITH CHOPPING BLOCK
A 24-year-old man was arrested for hitting his aunt on the head with a chopping block. Reum Ron had been drinking, and after his aunt declined to make him a snack, he attacked. 64-year-old On Sok was taken to Kampong Cham Hospital after the incident.
WOMAN CAUGHT BREAKING INTO HOUSE
A woman has been arrested for breaking into a house and attempting to steal property. Srey Neang, 21, broke into a restaurant on Street 47, Srah Chork commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh on Sunday morning but was caught by the restaurant's owner, Heng Soknga.