Answer for Thursday 05 March.
1. Why does Tokyo's governor wish to clear up Kabukicho?
b) to make the city more attractive to visitors.
2. The article give us what kind of image of Kabukicho?
c) as a naughty, yet interesting, district.
3. According to the article, Kabukicho has everything but
c) department stores.
4. According to Hodges, Kabukicho is
d) already showing signs of losing its character.
5. What are the Tokyo police doing in Kabukicho?
d) enforcing a midnight curfew.
Listen and answer the following questions
1. What seems to be the main danger to Asean economies?
c) declining exports.
2. Where was the cause of the present economic crisis?
d) crisis in the Western economies.
3. Which country is Asean's wealthiest member?
4. Which is Asean's largest economy?
Select the word that correctly completes the sentence.
1. This new underwater camera can take pictures ___ colour.
2. ___ the fifth largest among the nine planets.
a) The Earth is
3. In mathematics, a variable is a symbol ___ some elements of a set.
c) that represents
4. ___ actress's life is unlike that of other women.
5. About 30 km from Boston, ___ a small town called Concord.
b) there is
6. Water and oxygen are necessary components ___ most plants.
a) for cultivating
7. In the West, the birth of a girl is welcomed ___ to that of a boy.
8. A well-known large natural lake is Lake Tahoe, ___ straddles the California-Nevada border.
9. Before ___ , they used horses.
d) farmers had tractors
10. Tuna, ___ , may weigh up to 500 kilograms.
c) one of the sea giants
11. ___ for overall health.
d) Extra fibre in one's diet is helpful
12. Elephants scratch themselves with sticks ___.
d) held in their trunks