Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Olympia City project has four new high-rises on tap



Olympia City project has four new high-rises on tap

Olympia City project has four new high-rises on tap

As the capital’s skyline continues to expand towards the heavens, the Overseas Cambodia Investment Corporation (OCIC) has announced the addition of four high-rise buildings to its $400 million Olympia City project.

Samnang Touch, deputy CEO of OCIC, told Post Weekend that the construction group has already finished the designs for the four buildings located by Olympic Stadium, two of which remain unnamed.

A high-rise building goes up at Olympia City.
A high-rise building goes up at Olympia City. POST STAFF

Building C5, with 21 floors and slated for 2017, will be used for condominiums and shopping, while the 32-floor C7 building will be used for apartments, condos and offices.

The initial plan for the two other buildings, which will be 45 and 55 floors tall, is to use them as offices and hotels, but a final decision will not be made until they are constructed.

Long Sopheak, sales and marketing manager of Olympia City, said that 90, 73, 60 and 85 per cent of buildings C1, C2, C3, and C4 have been sold, respectively.

All have been constructed except for C3, which has reached 18 floors.

Units are priced between $90,000 and $600,000, with an average price per square metre of $2,000, she added.

Sopheak attributed the success of the sales to the multiple payment options.

“[Buyers pay] 30 per cent of the unit’s value, and for the remaining 70 per cent, the customers can use a mortgage from Canadia Bank or buy outright.”

Olympia City engineer Meng Chomreoun said that Building C5’s construction was starting as the OCIC, Phnom Penh municipality and Japanese development agency JICA prepare a new sewage system for the city, integrating them into a network.

Olympic City is a promising project due to its prime location and its modern aesthetic, said Van Chanthorn, managing director of Town Real Estate.

“If condos in Boeung Keng Kang 2 and BKK 3 are being sold off successfully, there is no problem for this project,” he added.

“The property sector saw a strong increase early this year as condos and high-rise buildings have changed greater Phnom Penh’s skyline,” he said.

Sung Bonna, director of Bonna Realty Group, said the massive size of Olympia City made it seem like a city in its own right.

“This project will play its part to help turn Phnom Penh into a beautiful city,” he said.

MOST VIEWED

  • Volunteer scheme to foster ‘virtuous’ humanitarian spirit

    A senior education official said volunteer work contributes to solidarity and promotes a virtuous humanitarian spirit among the youth and communities. Serei Chumneas, undersecretary of state at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, made the comment during the opening of a training programme called “

  • Chinese firms unveil preliminary results on metro, monorail for capital

    Minister of Public Works and Transport Sun Chanthol and representatives from China Road and Bridge Corp (CRBC) and its parent company, the state-owned China Communications Construction Co Ltd (CCCC), met on June 24 for talks on results of the firms’ preliminary study on a potential metro

  • ACLEDA, WU to enable global money transfers

    Cambodia's largest commercial bank by total assets ACLEDA Bank Plc and global money transfer firm Western Union (WU) have partnered to offer customers cross-border money transfers to 200 countries via “ACLEDA mobile” app. In Channy, president and group managing director of ACLEDA, said the June 22 agreement

  • Walmart plans to diversify stock of Cambodia goods

    Walmart Inc, the world’s biggest retailer, on June 22 reiterated recent plans to scale up and greatly diversify its purchases of Cambodian products, according to the labour ministry. This came during a virtual working meeting between Minister of Labour and Vocational Training Ith Samheng and

  • Cambodia detects new Covid cases after 52 days: PM

    After 52 days of zero new Covid-19 cases, Cambodia has now detected new infections, according to Prime Minister Hun Sen. In his special audio address to the nation late on June 28, Hun Sen said the new cases were detected on people who had undergone PCR tests

  • Cotton club growing in Battambang

    The global market for “vegan leather” – materials that act as alternatives to traditional leather that can be synthesised from cork, apple peels, cactus, recycled plastic, grape pomace and pineapple leaves, among other things, and supposedly require no chemicals or water to produce – is expected to