Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - RMA mulls listing its Kingdom food arm

RMA mulls listing its Kingdom food arm

RMA mulls listing its Kingdom food arm

Bangkok-based RMA Group is considering listing its Cambodian food and beverage business, Express Food Group, on the Cambodia Securities Exchange, with a proposed IPO later this year.

RMA Cambodia, which runs businesses in the automotive, infrastructure, engineering and food services sectors, said plans were at a very initial stage, but the company was deciding how to go about the IPO process.

“We are working on this but not sure where to go yet. So it is too early to share with the public,” said Ngorn Saing, country manager of RMA Cambodia.

In an interview with the i>Post last week, Hong Sok Hour, CEO of CSX, said RMA Cambodia had shown intent to list its F&B company. This, he said, could be the third listing for the exchange this year, with the Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone and Sihanoukville Autonomous Port already working on the pre-IPO processes.

Sok Hour said nearly 10 companies were in the pipeline, but only these three were expected to go public this year.

“In total we have 10 companies in the pipeline but I don’t think all of them will be ready this year or next year. I expect two or three this year,” Sok Hour added.

The Express Food Group runs multiple fast-food chains in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, including The Pizza Company, Swensen’s and Dairy Queen. The company, on its website, says it employs over 600 people.

EFG added UK’s Costa Coffee to its F&B portfolio in late 2012, with two locations across Phnom Penh.

MOST VIEWED

  • Breaking: US House passes 'Cambodia Democracy Act'

    The US House of Representatives in Washington, DC, on Monday, passed the “HR 526 Cambodia Democracy Act”, also known as the Cambodia Democracy Act of 2019. If signed off by the president, the bill will allow two major sets of action to be taken against high-ranking Cambodian

  • ‘Zero-dollar’ tours under fire

    Minister of Tourism Thong Khon has blamed “zero-dollar” tour operators for the decrease in foreign tourists to Angkor Archaeological Park in the first half of this year and has called for action against them. Angkor Archaeological Park received 1.24 million foreign visitors in the first half

  • Some jobs off limits to foreigners from August

    Beginning from the second week of August, foreigners will be banned from driving taxis and tuk-tuks, as well as being motorcycle delivery drivers, street food vendors, hairdressers and product distributors among other lower-income jobs. Some white-collar jobs such as the head of human resources will

  • Breaking: Rubbish found packed inside 83 containers at S'ville port

    Eighty-three containers packed with rubbish were broken open at Sihanoukville Autonomous Port by joint authorities on Tuesday. The origin of the containers has yet to be ascertained, Ministry of Environment spokesman Neth Pheaktra said. Pheaktra, who is also the ministry’s secretary of state, said