PM Group is a world class engineering, architecture and project management firm with a team of 2,000 people. Founded in 1973, the company has 20 offices in Europe, Asia, the USA and the Middle East.
PM Group is now seeking a Senior Office Manager to be contracted for the duration of 6 months for a new World Bank funded project in the area of trade facilitation.
The successful candidate will be directly accountable to the project Project Manager in Phnom Penh.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Overall responsibility for the smooth running of the project office:
• Maintaining monthly project petty cash accounts based on cash transfers from the Head Office in Ireland and carefully managing project expenses receipts in conjunction with the Project Manager;
• Assistance with establishing and maintaining the Project Office and procuring of necessary office equipment and ongoing supplies of office materials and office services;
• Assistance in developing reports including word processing, tables and diagrams;
• Provide research assistance to the Project Manager as requested;
• Assist Project Team members with document management, time sheeting, progress reporting, etc;
• Office reception services;
• Engaging and overseeing services for office cleaning and similar maintenance, liaising with landlord / property manager when necessary.
Incidental Interpretation/Translation Services
• Interpretation: Interpret on behalf of the Project Manager and other International Team Members at meetings with stakeholders when professional services are not available / required;
• Translation: translating project documents from Khmer to English and from English to Khmer as required by the Project Manager and other International Team Members when professional services not available / required.
Logistics, Travel and Event Organisation
• Liaison with external parties on behalf of Project Team members to arrange meetings, travel and events from time to time;
• City, domestic and international travel and accommodation arrangements for all project staff within Cambodia as required;
• Organise and participate in meetings as required;
• Organise and coordinate necessary workshops in coordination with the Project Manager and closely managing the costs and budgets.
The ideal Candidate will have the following:
• Have a relevant degree in one of the following areas: business, economics, finance, law, public administration, engineering or other relevant areas;
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Previous experience of working in a senior office manager position for one of the multilateral development banks and donors (World Bank, ADB, JICA, AusAID);
• Demonstrable experience of running a Project Office (admin, finance, planning and organisation);
• Demonstrable experience of organising workshops and events;
• Demonstrable experience of interpreting and translating from Khmer to English and from English to Khmer.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
• Competent in Microsoft packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills;
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English.
This is a 6 month contract which will run from October 2013 to March 2014.
For more information about PM Group visit: www.pmgroup-global.com
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to Mr. Fidel Ventura at PM Group: [email protected] and [email protected].
Send your applications to both email adresses no later than October 15 2013.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview in Phnom Penh.