Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Aircraft Federation set to take off next month

Aircraft Federation set to take off next month

Aircraft Federation set to take off next month

The formation of the Cambodia Airsport Federation was announced to the press by Teng Peng Seng, a technical engineer who is set to become the federation’s president, during a meeting at the National Olympic Committee of Cambodia headquarters on Saturday.

“According to the plan, the CAF and the NOCC will hold a general assembly on March 6 to formally announce the federation,” NOCC secretary-general Vath Chamroeun told the Post.

Airsport includes disciplines such as gliding, parachuting and ballooning, but is difficult to practise in the Kingdom because of regulations that prohibit private flights at altitudes higher than 3,000 metres.

Teng Peng Seng said the aircraft needed for compettion cost around $5,000, putting the sport out of most people’s reach. 

 

MOST VIEWED

  • Police seek arrest of Chinese ‘gang’

    Cambodian police remain on the lookout for 20 Chinese nationals who earlier this month posted a video clip threatening to stoke insecurity in Preah Sihanouk province, though the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh maintained the group posed no threats to Cambodia’s national security. National Police

  • Rapper deletes song critical of Cambodian social issues

    A young musician has deleted from Facebook and YouTube a rap song that was critical of Cambodia’s social issues and announced that he will stop singing the song after officials visited his home in Siem Reap province and allegedly gave him a warning. Provincial

  • Man arrested for fake PM endorsement

    The owner of currency exchange company GCG Asia Co Ltd was temporarily detained by the court yesterday for attempted fraud after Prime Minister Hun Sen reacted to the company using his name and pictures to allege his endorsement of the firm. Phnom Penh Municipal Court

  • Sihanoukville authority orders structure dismantled

    The Preah Sihanouk provincial administration has ordered owners of two unauthorised construction sites to immediately dismantle them and warned of legal action if the owners failed to comply. Ly Chet Niyom, development management and construction bureau chief at the provincial hall, told The Post on