Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Arsenal's Lacazette out for up to six weeks after knee op




Arsenal's Lacazette out for up to six weeks after knee op

Arsenal's Lacazette out for up to six weeks after knee op

Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette will be out of action for up to six weeks after undergoing an operation on his left knee, the club said on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old had an arthroscopy in London and the procedure was described as a “success” by the Gunners.

“The minor procedure was a success and he will now undergo a period of rehabilitation,” the club’s website said.

“It is envisaged that he will return to the squad within four to six weeks.” Arsenal signed Lacazette from Lyon for a then club-record £46.5 million ($65 million) in July last year and he had a bright start to his career in London but has only scored once in 13 matches since December.

He is the club’s top scorer this season with nine goals and netted twice for France in their friendly against Germany in November.

MOST VIEWED

  • All inbound flights set to face added scrutiny

    Ministry of Health spokesperson Or Vandine said on Monday that the ministry is monitoring all inbound flights, after it was announced that only those from Malaysia and Indonesia will be temporarily cancelled from August 1. Vandine said on Monday that the two countries were identified as

  • Flights from Indonesia, Malaysia cancelled

    A Ministry of Health official has warned of the possibility of Covid-19 spreading through community transmission after the total infected cases in the Kingdom rose to 225. Ministry spokeswoman Or Vandine told reporters on Saturday that the possibility of community transmission cannot be overlooked and that

  • Man in quarantine dies of ‘overdose’

    The Ministry of Health on Thursday said a Cambodian migrant worker who died while being isolated at a quarantine centre in Tbong Khmum province’s Kroch Chhmar district may have died from syncope or overdose of tablets. In a statement, the ministry said the 21-year-old

  • Ministry set to reopen 20 schools in August

    The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport will allow 20 high-safety-standards schools to reopen next month despite new cases of Covid-19 in the country. Ministry spokesperson Ros Soveacha wrote in a Telegram message on Wednesday that the schools are in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang.