Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Badminton ace Lee denies featuring in viral sex video

Badminton ace Lee denies featuring in viral sex video

Badminton ace Lee denies featuring in viral sex video

Malaysian badminton ace Lee Chong Wei has denied featuring in a sex video that has gone viral and has lodged a police report over what he described as “malicious” allegations.

The world No2, who is married with two children, slammed the video as an attempt to “slander, malign and defame my good name and character”.

There had been speculation on social media in recent days that Lee featured in the video, which showed a naked man and woman together.

“I categorically deny these malicious allegations, and I state that I am not involved in any manner whatsoever with the said video,” he said in a statement on his Facebook page late Tuesday.

“I have lodged a police report and the matter is being investigated.”

The 35-year-old, a three-time Olympic silver medallist, is married to Wong Mew Choo, a Malaysian former badminton player.

The controversy came ahead of the premiere next month in Malaysia of a biopic about Lee titled Lee Chong Wei: Rise of the Legend.

Lee is currently preparing to defend his All-England Open title in Birmingham in March.

MOST VIEWED

  • Prince injured, wife dies after accident

    THE wife of former First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh, Ouk Phalla, 39, died while the prince was “severely” injured following a road accident in Preah Sihanouk province’s Prey Nub district on Sunday morning, officials said. Rananriddh, who is also the president of the Funcinpec

  • Guards protest dismissals, reject claims of sharing naked photos of child

    Some 20 former security guards at the US Embassy in Phnom Penh protested on Tuesday against their dismissal. They accused their employers of falsely claiming they had viewed and shared child pornography from their mobile phones as grounds for their termination. In total, 32 personnel were dismissed

  • We’re going to Wisney World!

    More than 6,000 mostly Chinese attendees witnessed the inauguration ceremony of a $1 billion Sihanoukville resort project called Wisney World in the capital on Wednesday. The event on Koh Pich, attended by several senior Cambodian government officials, is a joint venture between China’s AMC International and

  • Funcinpec urges probe into deadly Preah Sihanouk accident

    THE Funcinpec party has urged the government, especially the Ministry of Interior, to investigate the traffic accident in Preah Sihanouk province which left Prince Norodom Ranariddh badly injured and his wife Ouk Phalla dead. Funcinpec Vice President You Hokry told reporters at Botum Votey pagoda,