Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Bun Kenny knocked out of Bangkok Futures

Bun Kenny knocked out of Bangkok Futures

Bun Kenny knocked out of Bangkok Futures

A fierce second-set fightback proved inadequate as Cambodia’s Bun Kenny went down 3-6, 6-7 to seventh-seeded Richard Becker of Germany in the second round of the ITF Men’s Futures at the Rama Garden Sports complex in Bangkok yesterday.

The 21-year-old Cambodian, who picked up his seventh ATP point on Monday following his straight-sets victory over Jean Andersen of South Africa, covered considerable ground in the second set, but the German came out on top of a tense tie-breaker.

“I couldnt get my timing right in the first set. But I played a lot better in the second. I had many chances to stay in the fight, but somehow I couldn’t cash them in,” Bun Kenny told the Post after his loss.

Kenny, who played a lead role last month in Cambodia’s promotion to Asia Oceania group III, had earned his sixth ATP point last week.

To contact the reporter on this story: H S Manjunath at [email protected]

MOST VIEWED

  • Police seek arrest of Chinese ‘gang’

    Cambodian police remain on the lookout for 20 Chinese nationals who earlier this month posted a video clip threatening to stoke insecurity in Preah Sihanouk province, though the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh maintained the group posed no threats to Cambodia’s national security. National Police

  • Rapper deletes song critical of Cambodian social issues

    A young musician has deleted from Facebook and YouTube a rap song that was critical of Cambodia’s social issues and announced that he will stop singing the song after officials visited his home in Siem Reap province and allegedly gave him a warning. Provincial

  • Man arrested for fake PM endorsement

    The owner of currency exchange company GCG Asia Co Ltd was temporarily detained by the court yesterday for attempted fraud after Prime Minister Hun Sen reacted to the company using his name and pictures to allege his endorsement of the firm. Phnom Penh Municipal Court

  • Sihanoukville authority orders structure dismantled

    The Preah Sihanouk provincial administration has ordered owners of two unauthorised construction sites to immediately dismantle them and warned of legal action if the owners failed to comply. Ly Chet Niyom, development management and construction bureau chief at the provincial hall, told The Post on