Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Fernandes successfully defends ONE FC title

Fernandes successfully defends ONE FC title

Fernandes successfully defends ONE FC title

A sold-out crowd at the Mall of Asia Arena in Manila were treating on Friday to an unforgettable night of mixed martial arts action at ONE FC: Rise of Heroes.

The 10-bout card culminated in a successful ONE FC bantam-weight world title defence for Brazil’s Bibiano Fernandes, who displayed both grappling and striking superiority en route to a unanimous decision win over Masakatsu Ueda of Japan.

Filipino fans were given even bigger reasons to cheer with all five fighters winning their respective bouts including a points victory for Eduard Folayang against Japan’s Kotestu Boku and a third round stoppage in favour of female cage fighter Ana Julaton over Aya Saeid Saber of Egypt.

MOST VIEWED

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • EU timber deal in firing line

    A committee of more than 20 national and international organisations filed a petition to the EU on October 10 to prevent it from signing a timber trade agreement with Vietnam, noting that the deal would be disastrous to the Kingdom’s forests. The petition claims Vietnamese timber

  • Kim Sok to keep up fight ‘for change’ from Finland

    Kim Sok, wanted by the Kingdom’s authorities for defaming the government, reiterated on Sunday his determination to continue helping to make “a real change” to Cambodian politics after receiving asylum in Finland, even as a government spokesman mocked the political analyst over the development.

  • PM: Programme to recover Vietnam War missing back on

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced the resumption of the MIA programme to recover the remains of American service personnel missing after action on Cambodian soil during the Vietnam War. The programme was suspended for more than a year after the US government imposed visa