Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - SpearAttack hits top target in gameweek




SpearAttack hits top target in gameweek

SpearAttack hits top target in gameweek

Gameweek 12 of the Cellcard Fantasy League was relatively forgettable, except of course for Arsenal and Liverpool fans who saw their teams slump to demoralising defeats.

As a mark of how pedestrian the round was, the top tally was just 13 points and came from Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen.

The 22-year-old from Denmark scored one and set up Spurs’ other against Hull to amply reward his Fantasy backers.

Meanwhile, two strikers managed to amass 12 points each – Burnley’s brace-scoring match-winner Danny Ings and Crystal Palace’s Dwight Gayle, who netted one and assisted another.

Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (11 points) was not only the sole Dream team player to also feature in the elite 11 of the season so far but also the only player in the gameweek hailing from a club in the top four.

In the weekly competition, scores were understandably subdued although the winner was no stranger to Cellcard Fantasy League glory having racked up gameweek triumphs from numerous past campaigns.

Aizhan Zhukeyeva’s team SpearAttack thrust itself to the peak of the charts with 78 points, five clear of the nearest rival, to pin down the prize of US$20 phone credit.

Aizhan had Hazard as captain for 22 points, and also fielded the likes of Eriksen and Newcastle keeper Tim Krul (nine points).

The Facebook contest for Gameweek 12’s rollover bonus of $20 phone credit was well fought over, with no fewer than 21 users correctly guessing that Wayne Rooney would be the top points grabber from Man United’s game against Arsenal.

However, only David Uy was spot on with his tiebreaker answer of nine points for Rooney to scoop up the Cellcard spoils.

Gameweek 13 unfolds this weekend and includes a top of the table clash in Southampton v Man City and a relegation dogfight in QPR v Leicester.

MOST VIEWED

  • ‘Kingdom one of safest to visit in Covid-19 era’

    The Ministry of Tourism on January 12 proclaimed Cambodia as one of the safest countries to visit in light of the Kingdom having been ranked number one in the world by the Senegalese Economic Prospective Bureau for its success in handling the Covid-19 pandemic. In rankings

  • Ministry mulls ASEAN+3 travel bubble

    The Ministry of Tourism plans to launch a travel bubble allowing transit between Cambodia and 12 other regional countries in a bid to resuscitate the tourism sector amid crushing impact of the ongoing spread of Covid-19, Ministry of Tourism spokesman Top Sopheak told The Post on

  • Courts’ decisions now published as reference source

    The Ministry of Justice has published 44 verdicts from civil litigation cases which can be used as models for court precedents and for study by the public and those who work in pertinent fields. Publication of the verdicts on December 31 came as the result of joint

  • Reeling in Cambodia’s real estate sector

    A new norm sets the scene but risks continue to play out in the background A cold wind sweeps through the streets of Boeung Trabek on an early January morning as buyers and traders engage in commerce under bright blue skies. From a distance, the

  • Quarantine site in north Phnom Penh inaugurated

    A four-building quarantine centre in Phnom Penh’s Prek Pnov district was formally inaugurated on January 6. The centre can house up to 500 people, according to Phnom Penh municipal governor Khuong Sreng. At the inauguration ceremony, Sreng said the municipal hall had cooperated with the Ministry

  • China firm to develop Mondulkiri airport

    Tourism to the Kingdom’s northeast corridor could experience a remarkable metamorphosis after the government decided in principle of a Chinese company to study and develop a proposal to build a regional-level airport in Mondulkiri province, according to industry insiders. The Council of Ministers said