The World Health Organization has been providing technical support to the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) activities. To strengthen surveillance, risk assessment and response, and laboratory information systems, to help Cambodia further develop its International Health Regulations (IHR) core capacities related to surveillance and laboratory information system.
This is a full-time position for 24 months beginning as soon as possible with a possibility of extension. The Technical Officer will be based in Phnom Penh, with support costs being met by WHO. Applications from women are encouraged.
Terms of reference
1. Provide technical support on the development and upgrading of software, tools and processes needed by the Ministry of Health (MoH) for surveillance of communicable and non-communicable diseases;
2. Provide technical support for the improvement of data quality of Indicator-Based Surveillance and Event-Based Surveillance;
3. Conduct surveillance evaluation and training on surveillance systems;
4. Provide technical input in the development and use of Laboratory Information System (LIS) across government laboratories at the MoH;
5. Assist in the data analysis and interpretation of LIS and MoH sentinel surveillances;
6. Support the MoH during outbreak investigation;
7. Write technical surveillance and outbreak reports as required;
8. Support database management and infrastructure at Ministry of Health with particular reference on the Health Information System;
9. Assist Laos and Viet Nam country offices with surveillance as necessary;
10. Any other duties as directed by WHO Representative and/or Team Leader.
Essential: University degree in computer sciences or information technology from a recognized university.
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in information technology and engineering.
Experience and skills
Essential: Minimum two years’ experience in developing information technology system in health care settings with emphasis on collection and auto-analysis of large data sets, including demonstrated experience in developing, maintaining surveillance systems, data management and interpretation and outbreak investigation in Cambodia.
Desirable: Experience in developing websites. Work experience in WHO or any UN agency an asset.
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Development and management of Access and other large databases, develop map files using GIS.
Very good command of English and Khmer Languages (Written and spoken). Working knowledge of French an advantage.
Salary: Attractive remuneration package.
Interested applicants are required to send a CV and create a profile in WHO’s e_Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. Please bring the printed Personal History Form completed online along with three references to WHO Representative Office before the deadline or via e-mail: [email protected]. Please indicate “VN for Position 349567” on the subject of your application. Smoking is not allowed in WHO premises. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for test and/or interview.
For additional information and full ToR please contact the WHO office in Phnom Penh located at 177-179 Pasteur Street, by email under [email protected], or by telephone under (023)216610 ext#81001.