Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Japan’s ReNet enters auto leasing market

Japan’s ReNet enters auto leasing market

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Cars on display in front of a capital shop. In a press release on Wednesday, Renet Japan Group Inc has launched an auto leasing service in Cambodia in a bid to benefit from a growing market. Post Pix

Japan’s ReNet enters auto leasing market

Renet Japan Group Inc has launched an auto leasing service in Cambodia in a bid to benefit from a growing market.

In a press release on Wednesday, ReNet Japan Group said it is a licensing company for the mobility leasing services arm of Mobility Finance Cambodia Plc, a joint venture with SBI Holdings Inc, which is engaged in internet financial services.

It said it had already obtained approval from the Ministry of Commerce.

“With the growth of the Cambodian market, the number of users who acquire cars by loan or lease is rapidly expanding, and the provision of new services is required,” the press release said.

Mobility Finance Cambodia utilises internet technology and automatic GPS tracking systems to conduct credit scoring and identify the locations of vehicles and equipment, it said.

It aims to offer the lowest level of leasing interest rates in the sector and achieve at least 1,500 leased units per year.

The firm had taken over a local leasing firm, ELIN Leasing Plc, and renamed it, in which it holds a 51 per cent stake, with SBI having the remaining 49 per cent, said NNA Japan news agency.

According to NNA, the Japanese group posted an 88.9 per cent surge in sales to 8.57 billion yen ($78.5 million) in the last fiscal year, mostly driven by the rapid business growth in Cambodia.

For business in Cambodia, it saw an over 12-fold increase in operating profit, up more than six-fold from a year earlier, financial statements show.

MOST VIEWED

  • ‘Education’ a priority traffic-law penalty

    A top National Police official on June 21 neither rejected nor confirmed the authenticity of a leaked audio message, which has gone viral on social media, on a waiver of fines for a number of road traffic-related offences. General Him Yan, deputy National Police chief in

  • Pursat Ford assembly plant opens

    The Kingdom’s first Ford assembly plant was inaugurated on June 16 in Pursat province amid rising demand for brand-new vehicles among Cambodians. The facility is seen as a game changer for the domestic automobile industry, which could bring a wave of investors seeking to cash

  • Siem Reap’s $18M zoo said to educate public, help wildlife

    Angkor Wildlife and Aquarium Co Ltd has invested $18 million in a zoo in Siem Reap province, which will be opened in October to educate and promote animal conservation as well as attract national and international tourists. Currently, the Angkor Wildlife and Aquarium is building the

  • Volunteer scheme to foster ‘virtuous’ humanitarian spirit

    A senior education official said volunteer work contributes to solidarity and promotes a virtuous humanitarian spirit among the youth and communities. Serei Chumneas, undersecretary of state at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, made the comment during the opening of a training programme called “

  • Angkor photo rules clarified

    The Apsara National Authority (ANA) denied that it had banned the use of camera tripods in the Angkor Archaeological Park, explaining that the confusion stemmed from a long-standing rule which required commercial photographers and videographers to apply for permission to film. The explanation followed a

  • $50B infrastructure plan en route

    The government’s upcoming $50 billion,10-year infrastructure master plan will provide tremendous investment opportunities for domestic and foreign entities, transport experts and economists say. Minister of Public Works and Transport Sun Chanthol revealed the plan to Japanese ambassador to Cambodia Masahiro Mikami on June 15. At