Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - NagaCorp sits out South Korean casino offering

NagaCorp sits out South Korean casino offering

NagaCorp sits out South Korean casino offering

NagaCorp, the Hong Kong stock exchange-listed parent company of NagaWorld, is not bidding for a South Korean casino permit, the company said in a filing to the exchange.

The casino operator was reported earlier this year to be one of 34 entities taking part in an initial “request for concept” for an integrated resort licence in South Korea, where the government intends to issue two new licences.

Bidders are required to commit at least $850 million capital, including at least $500 million from a foreign investment partner.

“The company is of the view that the expected economic returns of such an investment do not meet the company’s benchmark in evaluating return on investments and is therefore not in line with its policy of selective expansion,” NagaCorp said.

MOST VIEWED

  • Serious flooding across country

    The Kampong Speu provincial Committee for Disaster Management on Wednesday issued an alert after non-stop heavy rain caused widespread flooding. In Koh Kong province, authorities are working with the disaster committee and the Cambodian Red Cross to assist those affected after more than 350 homes were

  • CNRP points to King in call for vote boycott

    Leaders of the former Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) have taken a new tack in their call for a boycott of the national elections later this month. They are now claiming that the people should follow the King, who is expected to abide by tradition

  • Actress’s NGO takes heat for promoting the ruling party

    An actress’s NGO which participated in an election campaign event contrary to the Law on Association and Non-Governmental Organisations (Lango) has been slammed. Chorn Chanleakena, a celebrity and the president of the Association of Artists Volunteering to Help Society, allegedly led its members in

  • Troop moves ‘won’t worry people’

    Senior officials at the Ministry of Defence and National Police said on Tuesday that riot training provided to the country’s police forces were aimed at preventing unexpected demonstrations and strikes before and after the July 29 national elections. The troop mobilisation, they said, would not