The Australian Embassy invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for a position of Administrative Assistant for the Immigration section, which is available now. A competitive salary package is offered, including participation in a performance management and bonus scheme. The basic monthly salary for the position starts at USD567.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Interpreting and translating assistance by phone and in face to face interviews;
• Providing administrative assistance and preparing routine correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all nationalities. Ability to deal with difficult clients.
• Previous experience with administrative works highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to undertake office and computer based systems duties. The candidate should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, in Khmer and English.
• Good information skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstration of highest levels of integrity in all aspects of work.
Applications must include:
• A statement (maximum of 2 pages) addressing all of the selection criteria.
• A current resume setting out employment and educational history.
• Name and contact details of two referees who have recent knowledge of the applicant’s work performance.
A full job description of the position can be obtained from the Australian Embassy’s website http://www.cambodia.embassy.gov.au
The position will be recruited on a 12 month renewable contract that includes a 3 month probationary period. If the employee remains in the role for at least 2 years the contract will automatically revert to an ongoing, permanent contact in accordance with Cambodian Labour Law.
Applications must be summited in hard copy to the followings: