Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia focusing on capacity development and infrastructure development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through Technical Cooperation, ODA Loan and Grant Aid.
The newly recruited staff will work as an administrative officer in the section of General Affairs (GA) and Public Relations (PR).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To engage in office management such as maintenance and procurement of office equipment and necessary services
2. To support collecting and analyzing information related to current political and social situation and general crime in cooperation with JICA security advisor
3. To support security, safety and health management of JICA staffs, experts, volunteers and persons concerned
4. To engage in other administrative works
1. To check news articles related to JICA and JICA’s activities and share them timely with our staff
2. To make PR annual plan and conduct PR activities of the plan efficiently and effectively, including PR seminar for university students in provinces and ODA Press Tour for Cambodian media
3. To send information on JICA’s activities to the media and the public through press release, Facebook and newsletter
4. To respond to the inquiries on JICA’s activities rom the media promptly and precisely
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree. Advanced degree would be of an advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum 3 (three) years of professional experience directly working at the administrative or public relations department/section in international organizations, ministries or private companies
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 5 (five) years
5. Cambodian national
1. Ability to work independently under a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as announcements, reports issued by government or relevant donor parties
3. Strong commitment and competency to create and strengthen the relationships and communicate with various stakeholders
4. Proficiency with relevant computer applications (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
5. Strong commitment to learn necessary things for the execution of duties including JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement andcontribute to operational improvement of the office
6. Experience/Expertise of the administrative or public relations field would be a great advantage
1. Starting date: Mid-September, 2022 is expected.(Negotiable)
2. Work location: JICA Cambodia Office with occasional travels to the provinces and foreign countries.
3. Basic working hours: From 8:00 to 17:00 (lunch time is from 12:00 to 14:00), from Monday to Friday
Submission of Applications
1. Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, via e-mail to [email protected].
2. Only the short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
3. The deadline for receipt of curriculum vitae with photo: at noon of 22 August, 2022.
(1) Cover Letter with the reasons of applying to the position
(2) Curriculum Vitae with photo Please write the following items on curriculum vitae:
• Personal data : Name, Date of birth (Age), Civil status, Present address, Mobile phone number, E-mail address
• Language and skill: Language, Computer skill and other qualification/skill
• Educational background (domestic and overseas): School/University name, Degree, Major
• Working experience: Company/Organization name, Period, Position, Role/Responsibility
• Your Advantage and others
• Expected monthly salary (US$)
Note: Certification of degrees, languages, skills etc. are required for the interview of short listed candidates.
(3) At least 1 (one) Recommendation Letter by your previous employer and teacher etc.