Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a market-focused results oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide quality family planning and reproductive health services in over 42 countries world-wide. Marie Stopes International Cambodia (MSIC) was established in 1998 and currently operates 8 reproductive health clinics, outreach services in 20 provinces nationwide and distributes three social marketing products. MSIC is looking for passionate, talented and committed Cambodians to fill the role of Advocacy Manager based at MSIC Head Office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
It is particularly important is that Advocacy Manager is able to create and sustain a close and collaborative partnership with relevant representatives in the Ministry of Health (MOH) to support strategic policy and/or guideline development. The Advocacy Manager will be able to work productively with the National Maternal and Child Health Center (NMCHC) team to reviewing, developing and approving training curricula, guidelines and policy pertaining to two-rod family planning implants and medical abortion. In addition, she/he will require working closely with PHD, OD and Health Center level in planning and rolling out a pilot project and prepare a show case to stockholders at national level to seek inputs and support for scale.
The key responsibilities are summarized as follows:
• To fully define, update and implement MSIC’s advocacy strategy, and disseminate to key stakeholders
• Shape the perceptions of MSIC among stakeholders, the MoH, development partners and other actors on a variety issues
• Lead MSIC’s advocacy agenda on long-term family planning, specifically two-rod implants, and medical apportion choices
• Work closely with government partners to ensure that advocacy topics are discussed, understood and supported
• Work closely with government provincial team to support implementation of advocacy topics
• Build and strengthen relationships with other relevant key stakeholders in government, multilateral organizations, NGOs, and other relevant partners to advance key MSIC issues in the broader context of sexual and reproductive health
• Manage advocacy projects to a high standard to ensure relevant objectives and reports are achieved on time and to budget in accordance with MSI and donor requirements
• Work with the relevant MSIC team to develop and complete monitoring and evaluation framework and key performance indicators for the project
Skills and Experience:
• University in relevant field (social sciences, public health, development management etc.)
• At least 3 years of working experience in the project management in advocacy role
• Knowledge/experience of reproductive health, clinical health, community outreach, family planning and social marketing
• Significant experience of high level representation and strong presentation skills
• Experience in planning advocacy campaigns and events
Please visit http://www.mariestopes.org.kh/Career.html or contact our Human Resources Team for a detailed job description. Interested and qualified candidates should send applications (CV and a cover letter), stating current and expected salary to Marie Stopes Head Office, Address: #12Eo, St.41, (Village No. 10), Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Email: [email protected], Tel: 023 994 082/083.
MSIC is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 7th July, 2014.
A competitive salary scale will be offered to the successful candidate.