The Phnom Penh Post, an independent media company in Cambodia, is seeking a fulltime qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Duties and responsibilities:
· Formulating and assigning new and interesting business stories
· Evaluating story pitches and offering guidance to reporters
· Managing a bilingual team of Cambodians and foreigners
· Editing stories written by both native and non-native English speakers
· Conducting original reporting and contributing reporting to reporters’ stories when necessary
· Setting and enforcing deadlines
· Identifying macro and micro level business trends
· Cultivating private sector and government sources
· Providing editorial direction to ensure the Post’s business content remains of the highest standard
· 4-5 years journalism experience (experience both reporting and editing a plus)
· A strong understanding of business dynamics in emerging markets
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Native-level English skills, and a strong grasp of story structure and style
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and detailed CV to the Human Resources & Administration Department at [email protected] by December 12.
Phnom Penh Center, building H,Unit:888, 8th floor, Corner Sihanouk & Sothearos Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Tel: +855- (0) 23 214 311-17
Fax: +855-(0)23-214 318
Post Media Co., Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Application documents will not be returned.