ABC International Development (ABC ID), the international development arm of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), is managing an Australian Aid funded media project, Cambodia Communication Assistance Project (CCAP). The project, started in 2012, contributes to the achievement of better governance in Cambodia by working to improve the capacity of 4 provincial departments of information radio stations with respect to voice, transparency and accountability.
Based in Phnom Penh with occasional travel to provinces, the Business and Partnerships Coordinator (BPC) will be responsible for implementing an already designed business development and marketing strategy for selective Provincial Department of Information (PDI) radio stations, networking with the international community, lead businesses, and state and non-state institutions to use provincial radio for social marketing and commercial promotion, promoting the outcomes of CCAP, and editing M&E and progress reports and newsletters.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Graduate in media and communication or similar.
2. Media marketing experience and strong knowledge of media grants and advertising campaigns development.
3. Sound experience in international media development.
4. High level of communication skills including high level of verbal & written English.
5. Excellent report writing skills and sound knowledge of research and M & E tools and applications.
A detailed Terms of Reference can be found at Bong Thom’s website: www.bongthom.com
Duration: 10 months (the last 5 months will be subject to fund availability) with the start date of September 2014 and the end date of June 2015. Monthly Salary: US$2,300 – 2,800 depending on experience.
Closing date: Qualified and experienced individuals should send a cover letter addressing key selection criteria together with a CV to: [email protected] by 5pm of 1st September 2014. Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.