The Child Protection Officer (Justice for Children) provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Child Protection Section, you will be responsible for:
• Support to program development and planning
• Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
• Technical and operational support to program implementation
• Networking and partnership building
• Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
We expect you to be committed to UNICEF’s mission, and have:
• An advanced university degree in law, international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
• Experience in juvenile justice or more broader justice for children is an added advantage.
If you are interested and meet the profile, please submit an application through http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=499987.