The Cambodian Human Rights and Development Association (ADHOC) was founded in December 1991 after the signing of the Paris Peace Agreements on 23 October 1991. ADHOC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit and non-governmental organization. ADHOC’s “Empowering Marginalised Communities Project” supported by USAID aims to strengthen community voices through legal and advocacy activities in order to obtain fairer redress for victims of human rights abuses and to improve inclusive participation in, and monitoring of, the communal development process. ADHOC is seeking a team of consultants to conduct an impact assessment for the above project.
Please refer to the Terms of Reference (TOR) for full details available at http://www.adhoc-cambodia.org/consultancy-opportunity/
• Overall, the goal of the evaluation is to determine the extent to which the project has empowered vulnerable citizens to enjoy and to advocate for their rights. The findings should be used to produce concrete recommendations and means for improvement.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Employ a qualitative methodology to assess long-term change, including a desk review of project documents, and meetings with beneficiaries in target communities, ADHOC staff, other NGOs working with marginalized communities, and institutional stakeholders;
• Final outputs should include a presentation session and 30-page evaluation report in English.
Together, the team of consultants should possess:
• Longstanding experience in the field of impact monitoring and evaluation (3-5 years minimum, with experience of evaluating USAID programs strongly preferred);
• Skills and methodology in qualitative evaluation and strong command of evaluation techniques;
• Strong knowledge of Cambodia and the relevant context (political, social, economic, etc.);
• Advanced written and spoken English and Khmer; and
• Ability to analyze and summarize data and information, and to write clear, useful reports.
Applicants should submit a proposal in response to the TOR and in accordance with its appendices. Proposals should be submitted by 29 November 2017 at 5:30PM (Phnom Penh time) by email ([email protected]) or personally to ADHOC’s Central Office in Phnom Penh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.