The Mekong River Commission (MRC) is the only inter-governmental agency that works directly with the governments of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam on their common specific interests - joint management of shared water resources and sustainable development of the Mekong River.
As a regional facilitating and advisory body governed by water and environment ministers of the four countries, the MRC aims to ensure that the Mekong water is managed and developed in the most efficient and sustainable manner that mutually benefits all Member Countries and minimises harmful effects on people and the environment in the Lower Mekong Basin.
MRC Secretariat is now recruiting a highly qualified consultant for the following consultancy.
Consultant Type : Individual Consultant
Work location : MRC Secretariat, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Division: : Administration Division
Duration/Contract type : 8 months / Service Contract
Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Verification and valuation of the assets of all divisions
• Asset registration and inventory
• implementation of asset management system
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Accounting, and other relevant fields.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Fixed asset management processes and protocols (experience with donor’s funded program preferable)
• Experience with Fixed asset tracking systems and implementing inventory practices and standards.
• Demonstrated hand on experience and track record in asset management delivery to the highest standard
• Excellent internal and external stakeholder relationship management
• Strong attention to detail, proactive and self-motivated
• Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
• Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
• Be Riparian Nationals of Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Thailand or Viet Nam.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference and MRC Personal History Form here or on the top right corner of this page. The MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
MRC Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR / Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 22 March 2019