Type of Contract: Consultant
Location: Phnom Penh and travel to provinces
Time period: 23 July 2018 – 26 October 2018
Application Deadline: 16 July 2018
Equitable Cambodia (EC) is a Cambodian Non-Government organization working to promote equitable development and the progressive realization of human rights in Cambodia through research, evidence-based advocacy, community empowerment and organizing. Equitable Cambodia was registered by the Ministry of Interior as a Cambodian national non-governmental organization in March 2012.
Equitable Cambodia is a leading advocate of housing, land and natural resource rights in Cambodia. Through policy research, advocacy at the national and international level, coalition building, and community organizing and networking efforts, Equitable Cambodia has worked to transform the national development model into one that respects, protects and progressively fulfills the human rights and economic livelihood of the Cambodian people, and the sustainable management of natural resources
2.Purpose of Evaluation
Equitable Cambodia was established to advance human rights and accountability in Cambodia’s development model. Its first two strategic plans (2013-2015, and 2016-2018) set forth a road map for achieving ambitious outcomes related to the protection and defense of land, housing and natural resource rights and the promotion of accountability of all actors involved in Cambodia’s development. The commission of this external evaluation/strategic planning is a vital part of Equitable Cambodia’s commitment to its own accountability to its constituents and supporters, and its willingness to improve its ability to provide maximally effective assistance to its target beneficiaries.
The maximum available budget for this project is up to $15,000, including the consultancy fees and related expenses. Budget proposals that are lower than the maximum available budget will be considered favorably.
Work and Educational Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience undertaking evaluation/strategic planning for organizations or businesses working on human rights and/or sustainable development is required.
• Experience working within Cambodia is preferred.
• Experience working with vulnerable groups such as women and indigenous people
• A Masters or higher-level degree in human rights, sociology, international development, community development, or other related field.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills are required.
• Khmer language skills are preferred. Consultants without Khmer or Indigenous language skills are encouraged to partner with a local consultant(s).
Interested consultants should submit a proposal of maximum 5 pages and other required documents to: [email protected]quitablecambodia.org and [email protected] by 16 July 2018
For the details of ToR, please visit this: link or contact us at 023 210 805, 012 958 255. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.