VBNK has recently extended the work of existing projects, and will have a new one starting later in the year. We therefore need to recruit a number of skilled and experienced professionals to join the programme team. These full time positions will provide organisational strengthening support to civil society organisations, and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes for ensuring community participation in problem solving and decision-making.
The main activity areas for the work are:
• Facilitating capacity assessments using methods that enable partners and groups to identify their own development needs
• Facilitating capacity development and organisational change processes using creative and empowering approaches
• Providing technical support on specific areas of organisational functioning such as finance, resource mobilisation, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, human resource management, etc.
• Designing and facilitating participatory consultative processes for communities and duty bearers
• Supporting organisations to adopt outcome and impact orientation in all aspects of their work
Required skills and experience:
• Knowledge of the context and challenges of Cambodian civil society organisations based on recent experience in the sector
• Strong experience of process facilitation for organisational capacity development and civic engagement, using methods such as workshops and one-to-one mentoring and coaching support
• Strong technical skills in any of the organisational functions listed above, we are particularly interested in people with financial skills
• Analytical thinking, and the ability to develop a rationale for change and analyse complex social and political issues
• Ability to plan and manage own workload efficiently and effectively to deliver results
• Strong English language skills, including for report writing
• Effective communication, negotiating and Influencing skills
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their CV to VBNK in soft copy to [email protected], by 6th June. Previous applicants need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VBNK is a Cambodian learning organisation supporting the capacity development of a wide range of civil society, public and private sector organisations so that they can contribute more effectively to social development in Cambodia.