ABC International Development (ABC ID), the international development arm of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), is managing an Australian Aid funded media project, Cambodia Communication Assistance Project Phase 2 (CCAP2). The project, started in 2012, contributes to better governance through media in Cambodia by working to improve the capacity of radio stations of 4 Provincial Department of information (PDI) and 1 community radio with respect to voice, transparency and accountability.
Based in Phnom Penh with frequent travel to provinces, the Content Coordinator will perform a diverse range of strategic and critical tasks including provision of high level content support and mentorship to PDI staff, high quality and cutting edge production, and strengthened program content (including greater in-depth analysis and balanced coverage).
Key Selection Criteria
1. Graduate degree of media and journalism essential with at least 4 years experience in media work
2. Strong understanding of radio journalism skills including topic research and interview techniques
3. Sound knowledge of governance in Cambodia
4. An understanding of the Cambodia media landscape including challenges and opportunities
5. Ability to multi-task and coordinate media and workshop events
6. Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent command of written and spoken English
7. Ability to frequently travel and adapt to living in challenging environment
A detailed Terms of Reference can be found at Bong Thom’s website: www.bongthom.com
Duration: 2 years and 10 months with the start date of December 2015 and the end date of September 2018. Salary: US$1,100 – 1,400 depending on experience.
Closing date: Qualified and experienced individuals should send a cover letter addressing key selection criteria together with a CV by 5:00 pm of 13th November 2015 to ABC Office at No. 33, Street 228, Boeung Raing, Daun Penh; or email to [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.