The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Cultural Affairs Assistant position in the Public Affairs Section.
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs (PA) Specialist, the Assistant Public Affairs Officer (APAO), and the Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the Cultural Affairs Assistant (CAA) coordinates the recruitment of candidates for U.S. Government-sponsored educational and cultural exchange programs; makes international travel arrangements and provides visa assistance to exchange participants; develops and organizes outreach activities to youth; establishes and maintains local contacts with ministry officials and education institutions; and assists with Post-initiated educational and cultural programs. Under the guidance from the Program Management Specialist (PMS), the APAO, and the PAO, the incumbent is responsible for the administration and management of all grant paperwork and documentation related to these programs.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 12,142 – 18,824.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Education, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration, or Social Science is required.
2. One year of experience in managing programs and projects is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Ability to learn/understand the policies and set up of various exchange programs. Writing and translation skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to initiate and maintain working level contacts are required.
5. Must be familiar with general office procedures including filing, typing and drafting correspondence. Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
The application deadline is September 10, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.