Cultural Affairs Assistant
The U.S. Mission in Phnom Penh is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Cultural Affairs Assistant for the Public Affairs Section, Department of State.
The incumbent is responsible for managing educational and cultural exchange programs and assisting with grant and budget management. S/he coordinates the recruitment and selection of candidates for US Government (USG) sponsored educational and cultural exchange programs; makes international travel arrangements and provides visa assistance to exchange participants; develops and organizes outreach activities to youth; establishes and maintains local contacts with ministry officials and education institutions; and assists with Post-initiated educational and cultural programs. S/he assists in the management of grants and cooperative agreements and serves as the primary backup for budget issues.
The incumbent will be supervised directly by the Public Affairs Specialist, and will work cooperatively with the Program Management Specialist on grant and budget issues. S/he will be reviewed by the Cultural Affairs Officer.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 13,296 – 20,602.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, Architecture, Education, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration, Accounting, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Law is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in financial management, office administration, or program supervision is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have ability to independently perform all administrative tasks and to learn/understand the policies both educational exchange and federal assistance policies and some basic contract languages, and set up of various exchange programs. Must have writing and translation skills and must be able to deliver presentation, specifically on USG exchange programs in both Khmer and English. Must have tact and discretion as well as a high degree of reliability, flexibility, and accuracy.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a thorough understanding of Cambodian cultural, educational, socio-economic, and political structures and institutions. Must be familiar with financial management terminology and practices and have experience with commonly used computer programs including Microsoft Excel.
The application deadline is July 06, 2017. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at https://kh.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.