The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies ("IFRC") - Danish Red Cross ("DRC") seeks to appoint the following position:
Place of assignment: International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies ("IFRC")/Danish Red Cross Asia Regional Office ("DRC ASIA RO"), Phnom Penh
Type of employment: Local - full time (IFRC contracted staff)
Appointment: Initial contract of one-year (and can be extended thereafter subject to performance appraisals and funding availability). There will be a probation period of three months
Reports to: DRC Regional Finance Manager, Asia ("RFM")
Within the framework of the IFRC/DRC policies and procedures and in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement and under the supervision of the DRC Regional Finance Manager for Asia, Deputy Regional Finance Manger will be responsible for the financial & administrative components of the DRC Regional Office in Asia. He/She will collaborate and coordinate with all the DRC offices in Asian region, as may be required and needed. The DRC ASIA RO is currently implementing programmes in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Bhutan.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Checking of all payment vouchers and ensxire completeness of siipporting documents (e.g. invoices, receipts, contracts, etc.) prior to processing of payments.
• Review and post all encoded financial transactions into the accounting system.
• Review of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports for DRC ASIA RO in accordance with DRC and other donor requirements.
• Manage cash flow of DRC ASIA RO
• Provide technical supervision to the tasks of the RO finance officer and administrative assistant
• Initial review of the cash transfer requests of country ollices in the region and assist/facilitate onward submission to headqxiarters.
• Maintain/update respective financial reports and budget files for each DRC-supported programme in the region.
• Monitor in-country program budgets and assist in the preparation of regional and headquarter budgets of each DRC-supported programme in the region.
• Review the submitted in-country financial reports of each DRC-supported programme in the region and provide feedback as necessary in consultation with DRC Regional Finance Manager, Asia.
• Assist in the reconciliation of relevant financial accounts in headquarter against regional office financial accounts and respective in-country programme accounts (accounting system varies); help ensure correct bookkeeping of grants and programmes' finances.
• Prepare, participate in and comment on financial audits of DRC ASIA RO according to particular donor requirements.
• Assist in the continuous update of the DRC ASIA RO financial management guidelines and reporting manuals and ensures compliance therewith.
• Assist in DRC ASIA RO contract management.
• Help in the capacity building/training of finance staff in the region.
• Assist with the overall financial management aspects of DRC ASTA RO and country offices in the region.
• Ensure that Regional Office and Delegate's administrative procedures and policies are in line with Danish Red Cross' policies and procedures.
• Stay informed of Government núes and regulations relating to financial management and administration.
• Contribute to efficient communication and coordination between DRC Headquarters, the Regional Office, Delegates and National Societies on financial matters.
• Advice partners on their financial and administrative systems and procedures.
• Advice on and support the preparation of appropriate and timely financial reporting as well as the auditing of the DRC supported programmes in accordance with agreed contracts with partners.
• Control and monitoring of programme budgets and expenditures and ensure compliance with donor and DRC requirements.
• Support development of (and adjustments to) contracts and agreements, activity plans and financial reports and budgets.
• Carry out any other financial management and accounting duties as may he assigned by DRC Regional Finance Manager, Asia.
The remuneration package will be in line with International Organisation, commensurate to qualifications and experience of the selected candidate, and as relevant will be in accordance with IFRC terms of employment for locally-recruited staff.
Candidates are requested to send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in MS Word or PDF format to [email protected] not later than 26 December 2014. Email Subject must be titled: Apply for Deputy Regional Finance Manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.