NPA is a humanitarian aid organization established in 1939 by the Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions. NPA is currently present in over 30 countries. NPA started activities in Cambodia in 1992 providing de-mining assistance to the Cambodian Mine Action Center (CMAC) in order to prepare for resettlement of refugees returning from the border camps in Thailand.
Since 2004, NPA South East Asia has changed its strategies from direct service delivery to a rights-based approach building on partnership framework; it is a two-way cooperation and sharing of complementary resources to achieve the mission of local organizations engaged in activities promoting mobilization and progressive changes in the Country.
NPA Office in Cambodia is seeking qualified Cambodian national applicants for the position of Development Program Manager (one position) based in Phnom Penh with travel to provinces.
• Be responsible for the development, monitoring and management of projects under the programme areas according to plans and budgets
• Have an overview of and professionally maintain quality assurance (QA) of the programme and their projects and activities, within the Areas of Responsibilities (AoR)
• Contribute towards competence/capacity building/competence transferal to national staff and local partners in this field of work
• Be responsible for tasking and supervision of locally employed staff under the programme
• At least five years experiences with INGO in implementing and managing human rights and natural resources issues program, including capacities to design and manage programmes and projects.
• At least five years experiences with programmatic and financial management
• Education: Master in Development related field of study or equivalent degree
• Analytical skills with knowledge and experience of participatory methodologies in data collection and impact analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, a high level of analytical skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills, as well as, ability to work independently
• Knowledge and proven experience in managing the project cycle, including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven management and leadership experience.
• Experience of identifying training needs and co coordinating training implementation.
• Experience in gender is preferable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a CV to NPA at office #4, Street 278, Sangkat Olympic, Phnom Penh OR via e-mail address at [email protected]. The closing date for applications is March 12, 2014 at 17:00. Women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please indicate your CURRENT SALARY in your application.
This position is open to both internal and external candidates.
If you wish to receive the job description of this position, please visit BongThom website at http://bongthom.com/ and find our job announcement there to download the job description.