The Phnom Penh Post is an independent media company in Cambodia and is seeking a fulltime qualified candidate to fill a position as described below:
Digital intern: 1 position
Duties and responsibilities:
• Research, pitch and write stories
• Assist with creating and sending out the daily newsletter
• Edit videos and publish them in our CMS (experience desirable but not necessary)
• Manage our social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Upload articles to our CMS and publish them to the website
• Help track analytics
• Student or recent graduate or someone with journalism experience, willing to work fulltime for 3-6 months
• Must be proficient in grammar and usage, understand the application of house style and demonstrate creativity in the writing of headlines and social media posts (when required)
• Have a solid grasp of S.E.O. and social media principles and opportunities as applied to daily journalism
• Have the ability to multi-task while still focusing on detail
• Team player with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet daily deadline
• Have a desire to learn and understand the editorial and technical aspects of digital journalism and to grow within a small creative team with an “all-hands-in” approach
• Experience with HTML, Drupal, Google Analytics, Mailchimp and Adobe Premiere Pro are a plus
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a detailed CV with current photo, not later than 5:00 p.m. on August 21st, 2017 to Human Resources & Administration Department.
Present address: Phnom Penh Center, building H, Unit:888, 8th floor, Corner Sihanouk & Sothearos Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Tel: +855- (0) 23 214 311-17
Fax: +855-(0)23-214 318
E-mail: [email protected]
Post Media Co., Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Application documents will not be returned.