The Mekong River Commission (MRC) is the only inter-governmental agency that works directly with the governments of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam on their common specific interests - joint management of shared water resources and sustainable development of the Mekong River.
As a regional facilitating and advisory body governed by water and environment ministers of the four countries, the MRC aims to ensure that the Mekong water is developed in the most efficient manner that mutually benefits all Member Countries and minimises harmful effects on people and the environment in the Lower Mekong Basin.
The MRC Secretariat has two office locations in Vientiane, Lao PDR, and Phnom Penh, Cambodia is now recruiting the highly qualified candidate for the position of:
Division : Planning Division
Level : M-14
Location : MRC Secretariat in Vientiane, Lao PDR
Contract : Fixed-term Appointment / One year contract renewal
Director heads the Planning Division at the MRC Secretariat. He or she is responsible for the overall coordination, planning, execution and management of the Planning Division, including technical, financial, and administrative aspects. He or she contributes to the strengthening of regional-national links in MRC’s activities. As a member of the senior management team, composed of the CEO and all 4 directors, at the MRC Secretariat, he or she assists the CEO in fostering mutual understanding and cooperation between Member Countries.
• Master’s or higher degree(s) in development studies, water/natural resources planning, law, public administration, organisational development, economics, management or any other related field; Project management
• At least 15 years experience in policy, institutional and capacity development in the field of natural resources management, IWRM and/or related fields;
• Strong management and leadership skills (at least 8 years of proven leadership experience);
• Proven experience of working in an international environment.
• The retirement age in the MRCS for both female and male employees is currently established at the age of 60 years.
The Job Description and other information can be obtained from the CNMC website http://www.cnmc.gov.kh/ employment & opportunity. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Only nationals of Cambodia are eligible to apply. The application must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter. MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Candidates should send his/her application via e-mail or bring hard copy to:
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd., Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
E-mail:[email protected] or [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 23 May 2016