Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries to achieve breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Save the Children has been working in Cambodia since 1970. We focus on Education, Child Protection, Health, Child Rights Governance and Disaster Risk Reduction as well as Emergency work. We work with government partners and local NGOs to improve children’s live especially marginalized and disadvantaged children. Save the Children is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the position of Director Support Services based in Phnom Penh with occasional travel to the field. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in Save the Children’s work in Cambodia as we are growing our portfolio to reach more children and improve children’s lives.
The Purpose of the Role
As a permanent member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Cambodia, the Director of Support Services shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The Director of Support Services in his/her capacity will be accountable to the Country Director for the provision of effective Finance, HR, Logistics, IT, Administration and Safety/Security services in both emergencies and development programming contexts. The Director of Support Services is expected to build the capacity of the Finance Manager and HR/Admin Manager and their teams to ensure compliance with evolving SCI global standards, policies and practices. The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans.
• Recommended a minimum of 5 (not, however, a requirement) management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
• Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
• Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
• Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
• Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
• Team building skills
• Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
• A commitment to the values and principles of SC
• Experience of exposure to developing countries
• High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children
How to apply
A detailed job description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 17.00 on 21st March 2014.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.