Initially established in 1996 as a project of International HIV/AIDS Alliance, KHANA operated as an NGO from 1997 and was officially registered as a local NGO in 2000. Since then it has operated as a linking organization of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance and is so far a leading non-governmental organization in Cambodia that has made outstanding contributions to the HIV response. KHANA’s work has been made possible through support from USAID, the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, European Union, World Food Programme and AusAID.
We are now seeking a qualified Cambodian national for the following vacancies:
The post-holder will lead the design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBC strategies and materials as well as support the Senior Technical Coordinator in implementing related trainings and development of IEC materials on HIV Innovations.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related fields.
• Ability to work in a diverse team, and to work with partners and beneficiaries (who are often from vulnerable groups) in a professional and respectful manner
• Self-evident inter-personal skills
• Ability to cope with pressure and to work flexibly to ensure that organisational objectives are met
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills
The post holder will lead and coordinate the establishment of KHANA’s IPs into centers of excellence (CoE) and technical hubs (THs) to support the national response through technical innovation and improvements in quality and capacity to deliver sustainable HIV services in his/her area of focus.
• Medical background person such as midwifes and nurses or degree in public health or relevant social development disciplines.
• 3 years minimum experience working within development organizations/NGO in project management or coordination.
• Experience working with both clinical and community based initiatives in Cambodia.
• Technical expertise in public health, HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health and Family Planning, MCH, Gender and other related health issues.
The post-holder will be responsible for responsible for providing specific expertise, and innovation in the area of HIV prevention, and for providing technical and programmatic support to community implementing partners (Centres of Excellence) to ensure high quality MSM programming and policy making.
• BS/BA in public health, sociology, communications, social work or related field and 3 or more years with relevant experience in HIV/AIDS or International development, or, MS/MA/MPH in public health, sociology, communications, social work , or related field.
• 2-3 years relevant experience with an international development, health or community organization/program.
Interested candidates must apply online via www.khana.org.kh (Employment Opportunities Section) by 4th February 2014 at 5 p.m.Only short-listed candidates will be notified for further process. Detailed job descriptions for these positions are available for download through above website. Applications via email or hard copies will not be considered.
KHANA is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriate qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV, MSM, disabled people and women are particularly encouraged to apply.