Financial controller (1post)
The financial controller position will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, it also includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team reporting to the Chairman.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
• Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
• Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
• Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
• Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
• Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
• Overseeing the Payroll process
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company finance staff.
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
• Report risk issues to the Chairman of the board
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Arrange for debt and equity financing
• Invest funds
• Maintain banking relationships
• Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
The Financial Controller should have a degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Foreign applications are encouraged.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
• Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
• Proficiency in Excel and Accounting Software package, Quick Book, Peach tree preferable.
• Expat only
• Visa multiple entry one year
• Salary is US$3,000 and above fringe benefits.
• 10% increase every year after evaluation
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please send resume with current photo to P.G.C.T Center, 2nd Floor, Street 274, Phnom Penh or e-mail; [email protected] / [email protected]
Website; www.askapgold.com | Contact; 023 211 855 / 098 333 855