The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS) has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Higher Education Improvement Project (HEIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website http://www.moeys.gov.kh/en/procurement or can be obtained by e mail or in hard copy from the address below.
The consulting services (“The Services’) includes design and supervision of civil works in 5 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The design services include but are not limited to visiting proposed construction sites, identifying site suitability, preparing all cost estimates, 2D and 3 D drawing, and providing suitable designs in agreement with the HEIs and MoEYS. The supervision services include but are not limited to monitoring and supervision of construction works conducted by contractors; reporting construction progress, challenges and solutions on a regular basis to the MoEYS Department of Construction and the HEIP Project Management Team, including safeguards and GBV to ensure effective completion of the project.
The MoEYS now invites eligible consulting firms (‘Consultants’) to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing will be based on information demonstrating that the Consulting Firm have the required qualifications and experience to perform the services. The short-listing criteria for the design stage are:
1. At least 10 years’ experiences in conducting similar civil works design in developing countries or in the region.
2. Demonstrated very good record of past performance.
3. Experience in producing at least 20 project design drawings.
4. Experience in conducting Social and Environmental Safeguard Assessments and preparing reports accordingly.
5. Previous experience of working with projects funded by development partners such as ADB or World Bank would be an asset
6. Provide evidence of understanding in Khmer – style construction and architecture.
7. Demonstrate an annual turnover of six hundred thousand US dollars
8. Provide a team comprising Team leader/Principal Architect, Architect/Draftsmen, Structural Engineer, MEP Engineer and Environmental Social Safeguard Engineer.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The short-listing criteria for the supervision stage are:
1. Experience in supervising the quality of construction with similar project which costs at least 5 million US dollars
2. Demonstrated outstanding record of two successful projects within last five years
3. Experience in conducting and preparing Social and Environmental Safeguard Assessment reports
4. Previous experience of working with projects funded by development partners such as ADB or World Bank would be an asset
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing (IPF) dated July 1, 2016, revised November 2017 and the Kingdom of Cambodia’s Updated Procurement Manual for all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, promulgated pursuant to Sub-Decree 74 on Promulgating the Updated Standard Procedures for Implementing all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, dated May 22, 2012 and Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of Interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and /or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, July 2016.
Further information in written form can be obtained from the address or e-mail below.
Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below by email or hard copy during office hours from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30 hours, Monday through Friday, except public holidays., no later than 21 March 2019 before 17:30 hours: (Cambodia local time)
Attention: Mr. Chey Sith, Deputy Director General of Administration and Finance, MoEYS And Project Procurement Officer, HEIP
Address: New Admin Building, 2nd Floor, Street 380, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang I, Khan Boeng Keng Kang, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone: (855) 023 726 757, 023 220 412, Phone/Fax: (855) 23 215 202
Email: [email protected], [email protected], www.moeys.gov.kh/en/procurement