Winrock International is seeking two qualified Forest Livelihoods Specialists to join the USAID-funded ‘Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project’ (SFB) in Cambodia. The positions are available immediately and based in Kampong Thom and Kratie provinces.
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Supporting Forests and Biodiversity project’s goal is to improve conservation and governance of the Eastern Plains and Prey Lang landscapes to mitigate climate change and conserve biodiversity. Participation of communities in forest management decisions will be improved under the project and capacity-building of community members and officials of sub-national authorities will cut across project elements and activities.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Forest Livelihoods Specialists will be responsible for providing technical support to Community Forest communities supported under the Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project. Specific tasks will include the following:
• Design and implement community livelihoods-related activities of the SFB Project in the Prey Lang Landscape
• Facilitate the capacity building and empowerment of SFB target villages through sustainable livelihoods development.
• Provide agricultural technical training support to villagers in SFB target areas to improve livelihoods and increase incomes.
• Design and disseminate appropriate livelihoods extension materials to SFB target villagers.
• Facilitate establishment and development of Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFP) enterprises in the Prey Lang Landscape.
• Others tasks as might be assigned by SFB management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Candidates will meet the following requirements:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Development, Economics, Agricultural Extension Technology, or a related field.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant experience in community development, or rural enterprise development.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should send their CVs and cover letters to the SFB Project Office: Phnom Penh Center, Building F, Room 588, Sothearos Blvd, Phnom Penh, or by email to [email protected]. The closing date for submitting applications for the positions is November 29, 2013.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.