The Social Protection Coordination Unit of The Council for Agricultural and Rural Development is seeking for a candidate for the position of Consultant for formulation of the National Social Protection Strategy from the period of July 2015 to December 2015. Work based in Council of Ministers, Phnom Penh.
• Master Degree (or above) in Economics, Social Sciences, Demography or any other relevant field;
• Analytical thinking
• Experience with design and/or implementation of social protection policies and programmes;
• Up-to-date knowledge on values and cost-benefits of social protection
• Familiar with Cambodia social protection context such as policy, programme implementation and monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge of social protection programmes in other countries
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with national partners;
• Demonstrated leadership, coordination and facilitation skills.
• Possess team working spirit
• Proven writing skills in English
Major Tasks to be accomplished
• Desk review of relevant policy documents including NSDP, Rectangular Strategy, sector strategic plans, NSPS 2011-15, NSPS MTR report, ID-Poor document, among others.
• Conduct vulnerability assessment in consultation with key stakeholders and identify vulnerable population who needs support from social protection interventions
• Map out current/existing social protection programmes (target group, coverage, benefit level, etc per programme) and identify gaps to reach prioritized vulnerable population
• Develop a theory of change of social protection for poverty reduction and socio-economic development as a basis for the new NSPS
• Design new cash transfer programme that reach the most vulnerable population to fill the current gap
• Revision of the current targeting tool (ID-Poor) to measure effectiveness for identify the poor and the most vulnerable
• Draft a new NSPS document which reaches all prioritized vulnerable population, by combination of scaling up existing programmes and introduction of new CCT, and by establishing mechanism to create synergy among different interventions to maximize outcome on welfare of the most vulnerable
• Develop M&E framework with clear targets at outcome and output levels
• Develop a timeframe for the NSPS implementation
• Costing of implementation of the NSPS
• Finalize a new NSPS document integrating all above components
Budget for the assignment
• This assignment requires a total of 65 working days. The total amount of this assignment is USD 25,000, excluding consultation workshop and meeting cost. Estimated cost per working day should range from USD 300 to USD 400. The total cost of this assignment is fully supported by UNICEF based on CARD-UNICEF annual work plan 2015-2015.
• Deadline : 24 July 2015 at 5pm.
Interested Candidates could send CV and cover letter to Mr. Sou Chankresna, via email [email protected] For more information please contact Mr. Kong Chanthy, Senior officer of Social Protection Coordination Unit via Tel: 099 79 89 99. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.