|Generic Vacancy Announcement (Vacancy Nº GVA/13/003)|
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia, is inviting qualified applications to fill several positions as:
Education Officer (National Officer at level NO-B) to be based in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Kampong Cham
Applicants will go through a full recruitment process, and if successful placed in a Talent Group for Education Officers at NO-B level. The Talent Group is subsequently used to identify candidates for upcoming vacancies as Education Officer in UNICEF offices in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Kampong Cham. It is expected that at least 5 posts will be filled through this initiative. Whilst successful candidates will be considered first for posts, inclusion in the Talent Group is not a not a guarantee of a subsequent job offer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Education Specialists, or Chief of Zone Offices, Education Officers will be responsible for the following key areas:
1. Support Government and NGO counterparts to plan, implement and monitor activities related to early childhood education and inclusive basic education with a particular focus on disadvantaged groups; Support Government and NGO counterparts to plan, implement and monitor capacity development interventions aligned with national plans and harmonised with development partners
2. Prepare relevant financial, administrative and supply documentation according to the Annual Work Plan using accurate data; monitor financial utilisation and verify that expenditure is within planned budget; support procurement, distribution and use of supplies
3. Conduct field-based research on emerging issues affecting children’s education and develop case study reports to share with Government counterparts and development partners at the national level for policy development
4. Contribute to design or implementation of cross-sectoral initiatives in relation to early childhood development and WASH and child protection in schools; provide inputs to annual and donor reports; contribute to reporting of Output indicators and Monitoring Results for Equity System indicators
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree (preferably Master’s level) in Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or related field
- At least two years of professional work experience at sub-national, national or international levels in the field of education
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset
- Experience of supporting Government counterparts in relation to Child Friendly Schools, early childhood education and / or education planning and management
Expected Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of programme management cycle including monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of MoEYS planning, monitoring and reporting cycles and key policy documents and plans
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to define objectives, plan activities and anticipate potential challenges
- Capacity to analyse data from various sources and ability to make rational judgments
- Interest in learning and researching gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
- Fluent verbal and written English and Khmer
- Committed to UNICEF’s mission in Cambodia
Submission of Applications:
Applications indicating preferred location/s, accompanied by an updated CV and P11, as well as two most recent performance appraisals (where possible) shall be sent to [email protected], or alternatively UNICEF Cambodia, HR Unit, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The Personal History Form (P11) can be downloaded from www.unicef.org. Regret letters will only be sent to shortlisted candidates. All applications are treated with confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 September 2013
UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified women to apply.