The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Human Resources Specialist position in the Human Resources Office.
The incumbent assists the Human Resources Officer (HRO) in the management of the U.S. Direct Hire and Locally Employed (LE) Staff human resources programs and serves as Contracting Officer Representative for the LE Staff health insurance program. S/he reports to the HRO, directly supervises five employees, and indirectly, three others.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD19,168 – 29,711.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management is required.
2. Five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of human resources administration is required. Two years of supervisory experience is also required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have excellent knowledge of applicable local labor and social security laws, as well as prevailing practices and customs as they apply to compensation and other elements of human resources management.
5. Excellent managerial and leadership skills are required. Must possess very good writing and verbal skills necessary to discuss complex issues and to prepare comprehensive written reports and recommendations on both general matters as well as on controversial problems and issues. Must possess a high degree of analytical ability and interpersonal skills.
The application deadline is July 25, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Appli-cation for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.