The NCDD will design a second three year phase of the National Program on Sub-National Democratic Development. Program design is expected to take place from April to July 2014 with approval by the end of September. To ensure broad ownership across government and a high degree of consensus between government, civil society and development partners, the formulation will involve a continuous series of facilitated consultations. The overall objectives of this formulation exercise are to:
• Carry out, supervise and coordinate analytical work based on external and internal studies, evaluations and reviews of core components of the reform program; these are expected to lead to clear recommendations for how design and implementation of the next phase can be improved;
• By discussing performance of the first phase and holding extensive discussions with stakeholders, identify the main constraints to progress during the first phase, draw a clear set of lessons learned, and outline options and strategies for resolving these constraints;
• Facilitate a continuous series of consultations with stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels to: first establish strategic program targets to be achieved by the end of the next phase of implementation and second to develop strategies for how the program targets can best be achieved;
• Based on the above, draft a program document covering the entire period of implementation setting out goals, objectives, outputs and phased implementation schedules; identifying institutional and implementation arrangements; a M&E framework and a table of assumptions and risks.
The composition of the design team will consist of five experts under the overall management of a Team Leader. Overall and individual Terms of Reference, as well as the necessary qualifications for each assignment, are available on the NCDD website at: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement. To undertake this work, NCDD is therefore seeking three experts, as follows:
1. An HR/ Capacity Development Expert (International) for 45 working days over a period of 4 months.
2. A Formulation Team Facilitator (National) for 60 working days over a period of 4 months.
3. A Gender Expert (either National or International) for 36 working days over a period of 4 months.
Suitable applicants interested in applying for the above assignments should send their CVs either through express mail or email (from 08:00am to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday), to the following address:
Ms. Kim Vann ([email protected]) or Ms. Ung Chandany ([email protected])
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS),
Ministry of Interior, Norodom Blvd., Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA
The closing date/time is 12:00 hours, 26th March 2014. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.