The Cambodian Center for Human Rights “CCHR”), a non - aligned independent, non-governmental organization that works to promote and protect democracy and respect for human rights –primarily civil and political rights – throughout the Kingdom of Cambodia, is seeking a dynamic and professional Cambodian to fill the position of Advocacy Director.
Salary rank: $1300- $1700 gross per month depending on relevant background, experience and qualifications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in a discipline relevant to the role, namely human rights or law. Masters or higher degree in a related field desirable;
• Fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English;
• A comprehensive understanding of the human rights situation in Cambodia, and current social and political developments;
• Knowledge of international and domestic law related to human rights;
• A minimum of two years of research, policy and advocacy experience in a relevant field of human rights, and of project management;
• Possession of the skills to be a decisive and enabling manager, with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Strong public speaking ability and advocacy skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Highly self-motivated and able to work with a high level of responsibility and with limited supervision; and
• Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
Full Job Description can be viewed/downloaded from: http://cchrcambodia.org/job
Please send your resume and cover letter along with minimum expected salary via email to [email protected] with the subject title “Application for Advocacy Director” or to CCHR Office: # 798, Street 99, Sangkat Boeung Trabek, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. The position is opened for national applicant. Suitably qualified number of women, minorities, and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline of application: 9 January 2018 at 05.00pm