With Jesuit Service Cambodia initiative supports, Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP) invites applications for admission to Master of Arts in Philosophy for 2nd cohort 2018-2019 Academic Year. The M.A. program is a rigorous program and intellectual training designed to prepare students to pursue doctoral studies abroad and/or to serve as professor of Philosophy, Civil servants, or Leader in other organizations.
Students seeking admission to the M.A. in Philosophy program at RUPP must meet the following requirements:
(1) B.A. degree (with 03 credits in subjects within the humanities);
(2) Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the B.A. program;
(3) Competence in English proven via either (a) earning a score of at least 475 TOFEL ITP or equivalent internationally-recognized test or (b) passing the English Language Entrance Examination given by the Admission Exam Committee.
(4) Entrance Examination (Subjects: Philosophy/General Knowledge and English)
(5) Interview in English conducted by Admission Exam Committee. (Only for candidates who passed the exam)
Required Application Materials
Students seeking admission to the M.A. in Philosophy program at RUPP must submit / complete the following:
(1) Application Form with passport photo (4x6) (Download link: http://www.rupp.edu.kh/master/philosophy/?page=Offered%20Documents and filled in both English and Khmer Forms by handwriting)
(2) Admission Ticket (Filled by handwriting)
(3) Statement of purpose for the program including interesting areas for research (maximum of 1000 words) written in English;
(4) Two letters of recommendation written by professors;
(5) Academic certificate, transcript and other relevant documents
Student will pay about 4, 000,000 riels (equal 1000 dollar USD) per academic year. However, for 8 outstanding applicants to these program, tuition-fee scholarships may be offered within availability of funding for that academic year. Students must pay application fee 80,000 riels (equal 20 dollar USD).
Deadline for Applications: August 11th, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Entrance Exam Date: September 01st, 2018
For application submission/more information, please contact: (855) 069 777 855/ 012 581 106 & 089 95 4 107
Email: [email protected]
Address: Office of M.A. in Philosophy (Room 111), Royal University of Phnom Penh (Campus 2)