Japan International Cooperation Center
Junior Project Coordinator
Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) is seeking a qualified Cambodian candidate to work on a full time basis in Phnom Penh to fill the position of “Junior Project Coordinator” for the Japanese Grand Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship Program (JDS).
JDS Scholarship Program is funded by the government of Japan, which aims to support human resource development of Cambodia, targeting government officials who are expected to engage in formulating and implementing social and economic development plans after earning Master’s degree in Japan.
“Junior Project Coordinator” will work to assist Japanese officer and senior Cambodian coordinator to implement JDS scholarship program (Recruitment of applicants, selection, dispatching, etc) at JICE JDS Project Office in Phnom Penh. The work contract can be renewable up to a ceiling of 5 years.
• To assist Japanese officer and senior Cambodian staff to implement JDS scholarship project
• Data / Information collection and analysis (Internet, Interview, questionnaire, etc.)
• Data entry and its administration (Data of applicants, scholars, question naire, etc)
• To organize paper works (Filing, making copies, letter preparation and delivery)
• To assist an accounting works (Collection, sorting, making copy of invoices, etc)
• Daily maintenance of the office equipment (Intranet, office equipment, sta tioneries, etc.)
• To liaise with a counterpart, government authorities and concerned parties of the project
• To support administrative procedures of scholars who will go to and return from Japan
• Written and oral translation from Khmer into English, and vice versa
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree holders
• Preferable: minimum 2-year relevant working experience at a full time basis
• Preferable: 24 – 30 years old
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Khmer
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, etc)
• Good understanding of Cambodian government, government works and practices.
• Good communication skills to maintain relationship with governmental authorities and scholars
• Presentation and communication skills in front of a large audience
• Flexibility as well as abilities of recording, scheduling and reporting
• Willingness to understand the scholarship program, development/social is sues in Cambodia, Japanese culture and society.
• Female applicants are encouraged to apply
• Please submit your CV to JICE JDS Office by 17:00 of October 27, 2014.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a paper test and interview.
• The scope of the paper test will be English (English⇔Khmer), basic mathematics and MS Excel. Further details will be explained when the CV is submitted.
JICE JDS Project Office
TEL: 023-217-944 / Address: Ground Floor of Hong Kong Center, Preah Sothearos, Phnom Penh
Working hour: Mon-Fri 8:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
About JICE ( http://jice.org/e/index.htm )
About JDS ( http://jds-scholarship.org/ )