Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia focusing on capacity development and infrastructure development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through Technical Cooperation, ODA Loan and Grant Aid.
The newly recruited staff will be assigned to the Accounting and Procurement Section of the office. The staff will be based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to the provinces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To initiate procurement of JICA Cambodia Office such as preparing internal approval documents by collecting necessary information, organizing price competitions, and preparation of contact, etc.
2. To monitor on-going contracts.
3. To arrange the payment of those contracts.
4. To prepare documentation for custom clearance.
5. To check the accounting documents and arrange the payments.
6. To make annual and weekly plan for accounting and procurement.
7. To maintain suppliers’ list of JICA Cambodia Office.
8. To inform accounting and procurement regulation to internal staff.
9. To report monthly financial planning internally.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree or advanced degree would be of a great advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum three years of professional experience directly working on procurement, accounting, or business administration, etc.
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3 years.
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant donor parties.
3. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to
[email protected]. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is 10:00 am of September 11th(Mon).
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy)
3. Credentials (1 copy)
1. Starting date will be middle of September.
2. Initial contract term is from the date of commencement till the end of March, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.