The A.P. Moller – Maersk Group was founded in 1904 in Denmark. Since then, the Group has grown into the largest shipping & logistics provider in the world. Maersk Logistics / Damco is an independent company under the Danish Maersk Group. Our group activities includes: Retail, oil & gas, tankers & offshore, terminals and container business. We are a truly global company with over 300 offices in 90 + countries and employ over 11,300 employees.
Damco is part of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group. The company was set up in Phnom Penh in 2003 as Maersk Logistics with commitment to grow in Cambodian market. With the group’s growth and business needs, Maersk Logistics was later re-branded in September 2009 to be known today as Damco Cambodia Ltd,.We are focus in providing second to none logistics solutions to our customers which include Import Export Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution, Ocean and Air Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance and Inland Haulage.
With the dynamism of business in Cambodia, we are searching for suitable candidates for the position of:
Trade Lane and Network Sales Manager (1 Position)
Job Scope & Responsibility
• Accountable for the strategy and campaign development for each focus trade lane, in collaboration with paired Network locations.
• Responsible for the delivery of budgets and targets on each focus trade lane, from both volume and revenue perspectives.
• Responsible for the development of trade lane-specific presentation collateral and campaign material.
• Responsible for generating Sales leads that contribute to the development of a robust pipeline controlled at Network paired locations in focus trade lanes.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a must-win customer list, containing controlled and non-controlled business opportunities in focus trade lanes from all the Sales channels and across all products.
• Responsible for both directly owning opportunities and personally contributing to the closure of the Field Sales-owned opportunities (from the must-win customer list).
• The Trade Lane and Network Sales Manager will be the single point of contact and owner at origin of all Supply Chain Management related opportunities.
• Collaborate with Product and Carrier Management/Procurement teams both locally and in network paired locations to develop new and differentiated trade lane-specific products, customer value propositions and “go to market” strategies.
• Responsible for providing a point of escalation for focus trade Lanes.
• Responsible for visiting existing and potential customers overseas and contributing to the closure of opportunities in focus trade lanes controlled in Network countries.
• Responsible for supporting Network paired locations in the tender process for large opportunities in focus trade lanes.
Experience and Technical Skills Required:
• Minimum of 2 years in some sort of commercial management responsibility within an international business environment
• Proven track record in Logistics and Freight Forwarding – and preferably in trade lane management/development
• Driving commercial development in a complex, network business environment (competitive market, multicultural organization, global network, matrix structure, many and changing stakeholders)
• Written and spoken English and Mandarin proficiency
• Working experience in one or more of the Trade Lane countries is an advantage
• Solid understanding of freight forwarding and international supply chain management programs
• Account management – preferably of key accounts
• Project management
• Sales and pipeline management, including CRM
• Good operational and product knowledge
• Analytical and negotiation skills
• Leadership and people management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Passion, initiative and drive to continuously develop and service clients with creativity, innovation, and dedication
Sales Executive(3 positions)
Job Scope & Responsibility
• Seek opportunities to extend existing business and selling
• Maximize the selling process and returns for the company
• Effectively control the investigation of and implementation of new sales projects
• Constantly strive to develop a customer service oriented approach ensuring response times to customers are continuously being reduced
• Provide a consistently high level of service to both external and internal customers of DAMCO. This will cover both verbal and written customer liaison regarding freight rates, service parameter, schedule information and customer enquiries and complaints
• Understand all client specific requirements
• Develop and implement sales process improvements in conjunction with sales personnel
• Communicate frequently with clients as required to develop a good working relationship that maximizes the opportunity to extend services provided and length of relationship
• Identify and develop new sales markets and opportunities
• Develop a positive culture within the sales operations which promotes continuous improvement and the development of staff
• Ensure that Sales Management is informed in a timely manner of any changes in the market place
• Initiate and implement appropriate short and long term action plans in conjunction with the Commercial and Freight Forwarding Sales manager
• Plan and perform sales calls according to corporate strategy
• Maintain and keep up-to-date the customer database for your account base
• Monitor monthly basis the support from your account base and take corrective actions as and when appropriate
• Communicate precise information to Sales Support / Customer Service Team in order to facilitate processing of customer rate enquiries
• Maintain a working knowledge of Damco global services
• Closely interact with other departments of Damco Cambodia and promote open communication
Condition and Requirement
1. Bachelor Degree in Economics / Foreign Trade / Business Administration
2. Knowledge and/or 2 years of working experience in forwarding / Logistics is preferable
3. Initiative, assertive, persuasive and proactive
4. Customer focused, achievement driven, team work
5. Good command of spoken English, and Mandarin or Thai is an advantage
6. Strong communication and negotiation
7. Preferably to have own transportation
8. Willing to travel often to provinces such as Poipet and Bavet
Interested candidates should send CV with recent photo, and cover letter to Damco (Cambodia) Ltd., Human Resources Department at No. 8A, Regency Complex – A (3rd Floor), near Intercontinental Hotel, 298 Mao Tse Toung Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Tel: +(855-23) 96 56 68, Fax: +(855-23) 424 708www.damco.com
Or send an email to [email protected] no later than 31st January 2014.
Please state the position you would like to apply in the subject field of your email and indicate your salary expectation on your application.The applications will be considered in orders until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Late applicants or applications without the subject field of an email will not be considered.