GIZ is a federally owned enterprise and is supporting the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
We are seeking for the position of a JuniorAdvisor – Health Service Delivery.
One of the German Technical Cooperation Programs financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development supports the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Provincial Health Departments in Kampot and Kampong Thom in Social Health Protection (SHP).The objective of the program is to improve access of the poor and vulnerable to effective and affordable quality health care. Technical cooperation aims at improving the quality and accessibility of public and private health providers through health care financing, quality improvement of health services, and health system governance.
Main duties of the position include:
• Working closely with and supporting the provincial team inKampot or Kampong Thom in the planning of health service delivery(HSD) activities and interactions with partners
• Provide technical assistance to PHD/OD management team on the implementation of agreed quality improvement activities: this will include coordination on QI assessment process and support to developing action plans for improvement of health facilities
• Collecting and analysing data and monitoring the implementation of HSD activities as planned with PHD/OD, RHs and HCs under the support of SHP
• Provide assistance to counterparts about identification of training needs, and support capacity development in relation to health service delivery
• Provide technical and logistical assistance to PHD/OD management teams related to the implementation of the QI assessment process
• Advice the team and partners about best practices that will lead to improved quality of health service delivery and extended services to poor and vulnerable groups
Required qualifications and experience:
• Diploma in Medicine or Masters of Public Health, specialisation in a field related to Hospital Management would be an asset
• Minimum 2 to 3 years professional working experience in a similar position
• Working experience in otherorganisations (international organisations, consultancy firms, bilateral agencies etc.) active in this field
• Understanding of health systems development, particularly quality improvement of health services and social health protection
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Fluent in English
Applicants who meet the requirements should send:
• A cover letter briefly describing and justifying how they meet the above mentioned requirements
• An updated CV (Certificates should not be included with the application)
Contact: Ms. Sineth Heang
By email: [email protected]
By mail: No. 17, Street 306, P.O. Box 81, Phnom Penh