The World Health Organization has received funding from Global Fund to recruit a local technical assistant to support National Program on Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) of NMCHC in implementing its project under Global Fund New Funding Model for cross-cutting health systems strengthening 2016-2017. The contract will be for 12 months with possible extension. LTA will be based in Phnom Penh. Applications from women are encouraged.
Terms of reference
• Provide technical support on daily basis to National Program on PMTCT to ensure smooth running of the project as planned.
• Join training, routine monitoring, field visit to ensure integrated testing during ANC is done routinely and appropriately.
With internal consultant that will be hired, LTA will :
• Support development of National Strategic Plan for PMTCT for 2016-2020
• Following National Plan for PMTCT 2016-2020, provide recommendation for a new approach to better integrate HIV/AIDS into MCH services in line with the National HIV Guidelines, update PMTCT guidelines and other relevant guidelines.
• Assist PMTCT program in development/amendment of relevant tools and materials such as SOP, training materials, supervision check list, M&E tools for monitor stock status of consumables, reagents…etc andkey indicator reference sheets and framework.
• Assist NMCHC with regular progress reports quarterly or semi-annual reports as require by GF or PR MOH.
• Assist NMCHC in response to request or query from LFA/GF or PR MOH as required
• Support monitoring of the project implementation through data collection, compilation, management, analysis and interpretation of data from various sources to PMTCT TWG and other forums to enhance technical performance monitoring to guide and inform national and sub-national responses.
• Participate in relevant internal and external meetings as assigned.
• Cambodian nationality with university degree in medicine or public health, or related sciences. Postgraduate degree in public health or related field an advantage.
Experience and skills
• Minimum 5 years working experience in public health programs especially in the field of RMNCH and PMTCT
• Experience and skills in data collection, management and analysis and proven ability to consolidate information from multiple sources;
• Demonstrated skills in the development of work plans, reports and presentations
• Experience with Global Fund grant mangamement and especially program management, finance, procurement, monitoring and reporting is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and management skills
• Demonstrated self-initiative
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Languages : Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Khmer. Experience in report writing.
Salary : Attractive remuneration package.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to create a profile in WHO’s e_Recruitment website at : www.who.int/employment and send a letter of interest and CV in hard or electronic copies via email to the WHO Representative Office before the deadlines at WHO postmaster : [email protected] Smoking is not allowed in WHO premises.
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
For additional information and full ToR please contact the WHO office in Phnom Penh located at 1st Floor, No. 61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd. (corner St. 306), Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh , or by telephone under (023)216610.